Predicting asset prices is extremely difficult, even for sophisticated machine learning models. Data science typically succeeds where there are complex behaviors which can be described in data and where consistent inputs lead to consistent “predictable” outcomes; machine learning techniques cannot magically make “signal” appear out of thin air, nor can they make unstable factors more stable.
Nevertheless, there are a number of useful characteristics that set apart machine learning techniques from the traditional quantitative and ‘quantamental’ investing toolbox, and automated machine learning is a compelling proposition for modern quantitative investors.
In this session, Russell Smith, FactSet’s risk and quantitative analytics specialist and Peter Simon, DataRobot’s lead data scientist for financial markets, will explore how modern automated machine learning techniques add value to the quantitative investment process.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How data science can augment ‘traditional’ quant approaches
- How automated machine learning enables quantitative researchers to efficiently explore larger problem spaces
- How quantitative investors can benefit from the seamless integration of DataRobot’s powerful automated machine learning capabilities into the FactSet ecosystem
DataRobot's platform makes my work exciting, my job fun, and the results more accurate and timely – it's almost like magic!
I think we need to take it upon ourselves in the industry to build the predictive models that understand what the needs and wants of our customers are, and go through the whole curation process, become their concierge.
At LendingTree, we recognize that data is at the core of our business strategy to deliver an exceptional, personalized customer experience. DataRobot transforms the economics of extracting value from this resource.
We know part of the science and the heavy lifting are intrinsic to the DataRobot technology. Prior to working with DataRobot, the modeling process was more hands-on. Now, the platform has optimized and automated many of the steps, while still leaving us in full control. Without DataRobot, we would need to add two full-time staffers to replace what DataRobot delivers.
We will contact you shortly
We’re almost there! These are the next steps:
- Look out for an email from DataRobot with a subject line: Your Subscription Confirmation.
- Click the confirmation link to approve your consent.
- Done! You have now opted to receive communications about DataRobot’s products and services.
Didn’t receive the email? Please make sure to check your spam or junk folders.