Please review this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data. If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy, please do not access or use our Websites or Services (defined below).
This Policy is applicable to data collected through datarobot.com and other DataRobot websites ( collectively, “the Websites”), through our applications (“the Services”) and through any other interactions you might have with DataRobot, such as through email newsletters, our Community boards, and other interactive features and communications.
This Policy does not apply to any third party websites, applications or businesses to which we link or who may link to us. You should review the privacy policies of those third parties to better understand how they may collect and use your personal data.
Additionally, DataRobot’s Master Subscription Agreement governs delivery and use of the Services, including any data submitted through customer accounts via the Services.
We may update the terms of this Policy at our discretion. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes.
3. How We Collect
We may collect your personal data through various ways, when you:
- Visit our Websites, through automated cookies
- Use our Services
- Interact with us by providing your contact information through the Websites, by email, by social media, or by telephone
- Participate in our online communities, blogs or other forums
- Register for or attend an online or in person event sponsored by us
- Submit an application to work for us
4. What We Collect
The types of information we collect from you may differ depending on how you interact with us.
Personal data you may provide to us:
- Your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, and other contact information
- Your credit card number and billing information
- Your employer, job title and other job application information
- Records of your correspondence with us or on our forums
- Information you provide through other types of interactions, such as surveys, events, social media, or other types of communication with us
Personal data we may automatically collect from you:
- Device and connection information, including IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information
- Approximate location information, based on your IP address
- Cookies and tracking technologies that analyze your use of the Websites, show traffic data, and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses (see our Cookies Policy for more information)
- User account and metrics data from your use of our Services, including technical logs, account and login information, frequency of logins, the volume of data uploaded, and number of models deployed, feature usage and engagement
Personal data we may receive from third parties:
- Business contact information from third party providers or your employer, if our Services are provided to you via your employer
- Publically available data from third party sources, like social media
5. How We Use Your Data
How we use your personal data depends in part on how you interact with DataRobot. The specific purposes for which we use the data we collect about you are listed below. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your personal data for these purposes. Otherwise, we rely on either our legitimate interests or contractual necessity as our lawful basis for processing your data.
- To provide the Services. We use your personal data to provide, support, understand and improve the Services. As part of providing the Services we may send you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, billing and support-related messages related to your account or transactions with us, through the Services or by email. You may not opt out of these messages, as they are considered part of the Services.
- To personalize the Services, Websites and business. We use the information we collect to personalize content and experiences on our Websites and Services, to better understand your interests, make personalized recommendations based on your interests or information and otherwise personalize your experience with DataRobot.
- To communicate with you. We will send you emails or otherwise communicate with you in response to your questions, feedback or comments. For example, we will respond to comments on our Community boards, and answer questions sent to us through the Websites. Additionally, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other DataRobot news. You can always opt-out of these communications by following the opt-out instructions in the message or by contacting us through the contact information listed below.
- To create aggregate data. We may create aggregated data from our users’ personal data. We make personal data into aggregated data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated data and share it with third parties to operate, understand and improve our Services, to develop new services, and for other lawful business purposes.
- For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal data as we believe appropriate to investigate or prevent violation of the law or our Terms of Service; to secure the Services; to protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property; and to protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity. For example, we may use tools to scan your content in the Services or on our Websites for content that violates our Terms of Service or the law. We may also use the information we collect about your device to detect users violating our Terms of Service and prevent further violations.
- For compliance with law or to investigate legal claims. We may use your personal data to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities. We may also use your personal data where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation and to prosecute or defend legal claims.
- With your consent. In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal data. We may use the information gathered from one location on the Websites and use it in another location, either on the Websites or elsewhere in our network of Services and features, or in reports and analysis, all of which are owned and operated by DataRobot. We may also combine information gathered from multiple locations on the Website into a single customer record or analysis or report. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
6. How We Share Your Data
Aside from the instances listed below, we do not disclose information about your personal data to any companies not part of DataRobot or its parent, subsidiaries or related entities. We will not sell or rent your personal data as part of a customer list or similar transaction.
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With Business Partners. We may share your personal data with our business partners from time to time, for example, businesses who help us host our events. You may opt out of sharing your personal data with business partners at the time of collection, or afterwards by contacting us as provided in the Contact Us section.
- With Third-Party Agents and Service Providers. We have third party agents, service providers, subsidiaries and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Services and Website.
- For Compliance with Law; Legal Claims; Security, Compliance, Fraud Prevention and Safety. We may also use or disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; protect and defend our rights or property, the Website and Services or our users, and act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Website, Services or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Through Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal data, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
7. Our Products
Some DataRobot products may be used to process personal information on behalf of our customers. We may not have any direct relationship with the individuals to whom the data belongs. Individuals who would like to access, correct or delete personal data processed by DataRobot on behalf of our customers should direct their questions to our customers, who are the data controllers. DataRobot uses and discloses this personal information as permitted by our customer agreements and as required by law.
8. Data Retention
DataRobot may retain your information for as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, DataRobot may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
After the applicable retention period has expired, DataRobot will securely delete or anonymize your personal data.
9. Data Security
DataRobot takes security very seriously. We take appropriate measures, including organizational, technical, and physical precautions to help protect against unauthorized access to, alteration of, or destruction of your personal data.
While we follow industry standards and best practices to protect your data, no transmission of data over the Internet or any public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
10. Payment Information
11. Children’s Data
The Services and Websites are not directed to anyone under the age of 16. A parent or guardian who becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal data may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to delete the child’s data as soon as possible.
12. Your Data Rights
DataRobot respects your control over your personal data and, upon request, we will confirm whether we hold or are processing data that we have collected from you. You also have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data, request deletion of your personal data, or request that we no longer use it. Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or fulfillment involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation.
You can always contact us as provided in the Contact Us section to exercise these rights. You may also be able to take action yourself through the methods listed below.
- View, correct and delete your account information. If you use the Services or have an account through our Websites, you can view, update and delete certain information directly through your account.
- Opt out of communications. You can opt out of receiving future promotional communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link within an email, by responding to our emails with the subject line “Opt Out”, or by updating your profile settings. Please note that you generally can’t opt out of service related communications.
- Deactivate your account. If you would like to stop using our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your account. Please be aware that depending on how you use our Services and Websites, this may not delete all of your information.
13. International Transfers of Data
DataRobot participates in and has certified its compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework for the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom to the United States. These frameworks were developed to enable companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the EU, Switzerland and the UK to the US. DataRobot is monitoring the ongoing developments related to Privacy Shield and the Schrems II decision, and is using authorized alternative transfer mechanisms whenever required.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield principles, we are committed to resolving your questions and complaints related to our collection and use of your personal data. Individuals located in the EU, Switzerland or the UK should contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding your personal data.
DataRobot has further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to our US based third party dispute resolution provider. If you have a complaint or issue that we have not resolved satisfactorily, please visit https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request for more information or to file a complaint. These services are provided free of charge to you.
Under certain conditions, and when all other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted, subject individuals may invoke binding arbitration.
DataRobot is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
14. California Residents
This Policy contains a list of the categories of personal data we collect, and have collected for the past twelve months. If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) that include the right to ask us to disclose the personal data we collect, and the right to ask us to delete certain personal data that we collect or maintain about you. Please note that we do not sell the personal data that we collect. To exercise your rights, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section. You will not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights under the CCPA. In order to protect your data from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to provide additional information for verification. If we can’t verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your data.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or to exercise any of your statutory rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us at our mailing address below:
225 Franklin Street, Floor 13
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Last Updated: June 10, 2020
What Is A Cookie?
Cookies are small data files stored in your browser by a website. They transmit information about your use of the site to its operator or to third parties that placed the cookie. Some cookies are “session cookies” that expire when you close your browser, and others are “persistent cookies” that stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them.
Our sites and applications (collectively, “the Sites”) use both session and persistent cookies to enable you to sign in and use our Sites, store your preferences and settings within them; analyze how they perform, personalize your experience with them, provide interest-based advertising, facilitate social media interaction, allow us to administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole and for other lawful purposes. We may also use other tracking technologies for these purposes, such as web pixels that track browsing activity, social media widgets that facilitate interaction with social media platforms and unique device identifiers. In some cases, these cookies and other tracking technologies are used by third parties.
You can personalize which cookies you would like to allow on our Sites by visiting our Cookie Management Tool.
Additionally, most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, or set rules to manage cookies on a site by site basis. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you do not accept our cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience. The Sites will not be personalized to you, and certain features may not work.
Types of Cookies We Use
|Essential||These cookies are essential to provide you with our Sites and to enable you to use their features. Because they are necessary, you must accept them to use our Sites.
|Analytics||These cookies collect information about traffic to our Sites, and how they are performing. For example, these cookies track the number of site visitors, what websites they were referred from, and whether they have visited before. We use this information to help operate and improve our Sites.
|Advertising||These cookies are used by advertising companies to collect information about how you use our Sites and other Sites and applications over time. These companies use this information to show you ads they believe will be relevant to you within our Sites and elsewhere, and to measure how the ads perform.
|Customer Interaction||These cookies allow our Sites to remember the choices you make when you use our Sites to provide a more personal experience.