As VP of Corporate Storytelling you will communicate the DataRobot vision, brand, and solution through storytelling. Literally. Your communication skills will speak for themselves. Literally. You are adept at translating complex technical concepts into stories that connect with interlocutors and delivered by a team of media and content professionals. The book “Building a StoryBrand“ will be on your nightstand, and as you read this, you are mentally correcting, this, prose. You are thinking: I could this better! You will be a data-driven growth-oriented cross-team contributor with practical experience across all marketing functions but with particular emphasis on PR, social media and content marketing. You may have an agency background but not constrained by traditional agency or marketing thinking. You don't want to have an interview, but you are bursting at the seams to explain your value-add to DataRobot.
This new senior management position requires a creative genius, an out of the box thinker, a growth obsessive with a proven track record of articulating a disruptive vision to multiple personas. Candidates will have passion, a firm grasp of current digital strategies, brand development experience gained in a B2B software environment, and proven leadership skills.
- Work with the CEO, Industry General Managers, Product Marketing, and Head of Marketing to develop stories that communicate the company vision, brand and solution.
- Develop integrated communication plans that synchronize performance and organic programs.
- Manage the people and resources that execute these plans constantly optimizing for best results.
- Measure and report on activities, intermediate and key results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets, and competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Amazing oral and written skills. A screenwriter mentality who structures a narrative with a beginning, middle and end as well as knowing how to communicate it to different personas;
- Creativity: boil complex concepts into simple storylines target personas recognize and react to.
- Strategic thinking: in charge of aligning the creative process behind the story with the objectives of the brand through an optimized communication “message-channel-audience“.
- Broad marketing skills: mastery of performance and organic marketing techniques.
- Hands-on exposure to technology and analytics tools — SQL, HTML, Tableau etc.
- Product marketing knowledge and understanding of the product development lifecycle.
- Finance knowledge including concepts of P&L, forecasting, budgeting.
- Engineering awareness – practical experience of working with engineering teams.
- In-depth understanding of the B2B enterprise software buying process.
- Experience running global campaigns that cover US, EMEA, and APJ.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Experience in the machine learning, analytics or advanced analytics space is a big plus.
DataRobot is a fast growing leader, paving the way to the reality of AI. Rated the leader in the 2019 Forrester New Wave for Automated Machine Learning and a visionary in the Gartner MQ, we introduced the world to the capabilities of the DataRobot machine learning platform. Now we're ready to shout it from the rooftops. Our marketing team has the energy and creativity to make this happen—do you?
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
DataRobot is a fast growing leader, paving the way to the reality of AI. We recently stepped out of stealth mode and introduced the world to the capabilities of the DataRobot machine learning platform. Now we’re ready to shout it from the rooftops. Our marketing team has the energy and creativity to make this happen—do you?