DataRobot’s Time Series Business is building the world’s most accurate, trusted, and automated forecasting technology. We are delivering new technology and capability to the market–from time series feature engineering and deep learning LSTMs, to rich visualizations, scalable architectures, and low-latency predictions. Time series forecasting is one of the hardest yet most valuable problems in data science, and you will work with an elite group within DataRobot that is pioneering new advances in machine learning and AI to solve the challenge.
As the Director of Time Series Data Science, you will play an active role in ensuring the success of time series customers, spanning some of the world’s largest retailer and financial institutions. You will work closely with an exceptional engineering team to plan/prioritize feature development, as well as AI Success Managers to scope Time Series use cases and Customer Facing Data Scientists to provide deep time series data science expertise.
- Representing the DataRobot product from a technical standpoint to customers – including demonstrations, conducting proof-of-concept trials, helping clients evaluate success criteria, and training users
- Providing the customer’s point of view to DataRobot’s Product team, informing the direction of future product feature development
- Data Science
- Enabling customers to solve complex time series data science problems using DataRobot – including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption
- In some cases, executing time series data science workflows for customers
- Providing data science knowledge and expertise as a trusted advisor to clients
- Building a long-term trusted relationship with the customer so that the customers can be led towards success
- Understanding and empathizing with customers’ pain points of building AI solutions
- Qualifying opportunities where DataRobot can be a suitable fit and thus making DataRobot more efficient
- Presenting DataRobot in industry conferences as well as creating powerful technical content for marketing purposes
- 4-5+ years of real-world business experience in a data science role
- Hands-on experience building and implementing time series predictive models using modern machine learning algorithms like XGBoost, LSTMs, Prophet, etc
- Strong customer interaction experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
- Fluency with Python/R
- Up to 50% travel to customer locations in the US and Canada
- Deep experience with retail, banking, and/or IOT
- Familiarity with consultative sales process in the analytics marketplace
- Familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, and related Big Data technologies
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
Our Data Science team is composed of people from around the globe united by their passion for predicting the future. From top Kagglers to engineers with deep algorithmic knowledge, we all love making DataRobot’s predictions better and faster. DataRobot is an ideal place to learn from the top Data Scientists in the world, and teach them a thing or two along the way.