We are looking for a high-achieving and talented finance professional to focus on financial planning & analysis at a rapidly growing SaaS company. Successful candidates will possess a combination of strong analytical skills, robust financial knowledge, and an ability to dive into unknown problems to figure out creative solutions. This position will report to the VP of Finance and will come with a broad range of responsibility on a small team. The successful candidate will have a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude, be able to multi-task and be ready to thrive in a very fast-paced startup environment.
- Work with the CFO and VP of Finance to drive all corporate planning activities including monthly forecasts and the annual operating plan
- Communicate deliverables, maintain planning calendar and ensure a predictable and transparent process
- Analyze operating and financial results as part of the monthly forecast process and ensure accurate and timely completion of all forecast deliverables (inputs, consolidation, analysis & reporting)
- Improve and drive the financial reporting process to management and the board of directors, including the integration of the strategy planning into the operational budgeting process
- Drive forecast accuracy, predictability in results and adherence to DataRobot’s high standards
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of DataRobot’s products, competitive environment, and our market to better support functional initiatives and provide recommendations to senior management
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results
- Participate in the development and implementation of process improvements
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and perform ad hoc analyses as required
- Work collaboratively across teams, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- 2-5 years total work experience in investment banking, management consulting or a top-tier FP&A department
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts as demonstrated by a bachelor’s degree, an MBA, or relevant work experience
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, analysis, or related concepts (like building financial models at an investment bank or consulting firm)
- Ability to translate an operational and strategic vision into a financial model
- Advanced financial analysis methods and innate mathematical skills
- Good knowledge of company valuation principles
- Master of Excel with knowledge of advanced formulas and the ability to research unknown formulas/methods that are needed to solve various tasks
- Genuine willingness and temperament to work for a high energy and rapidly growing start-up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable clear and concise communication to all levels of the organization
- Superb attention to detail and an ability to identify gaps in data/processes and communicate effectively through a customer service mindset
- Ability to identify and fix issues wherever they arise. Successful candidates are usually proactive, self-motivated, and analytical
- Preferably, candidates have experience with SaaS or other subscription type models
Systems We Use: Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce, NetSuite, Namely, Chart.io, Concur; Potentially Adaptive Insights or a similar planning tool.
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The DataRobot Business Team brings an algorithmic approach to everything that we do in the organization—from product development, go-to-market strategy (GTM), marketing, sales, and client engagement. We are a data science driven organization, tracking high quality historical data, inducing a metrics and monitoring process, analyzing wins and losses, and finally, collaborating with all other functions to develop a winning business strategy. If you are an analytical problem solver and love to work with people across teams, come talk to us.