We are looking for a high-achieving and talented professional to lead the calculation and administration of our commission plans for a sales team of 100+ employees. This is an individual contributor role but with an incredible amount of autonomy and flexibility to establish processes and methods for achieving our goals. Successful candidates will possess a combination of strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail, master of Excel, and a customer service mindset. This position will report to the VP of Finance and will focus mainly on sales commissions plans but also broadly on other variable compensation plans within the company. Variable compensation is a large part of our monthly expenses and comes with a lot of complexity and day-to-day issues. The successful candidate will have a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude, be able to multitask and be ready to thrive in a very fast-paced startup environment. Successful employees will have many growth opportunities within a rapidly expanding startup.
- Collaborate with Finance, Deal Acceleration, HR, and other teams to calculate and administer variable compensation across the company (commissions, MBO, draws, bonuses)
- Establish commission plans and MBO plans for sales reps and other employees with variable compensation in coordination with the VP of Finance, CFO, CRO, and CEO
- Build spreadsheets or implement systems that clearly communicate compensation to stakeholders, including sales reps or DataRobot management team members
- Proactively dig into data issues that may be impacting the calculation of commission or other variable compensation
- Use a solution-oriented mindset to fix problems that arise and continually optimize the variable compensation process
- Review monthly financials to ensure the correct amount of compensation has been accrued for
- Communicate periodic compensation calculations to sales reps and other stakeholders with strong attention to customer service
- Maintain compensation calendar and ensure a predictable and transparent process
- Analyze operating and financial results as part of the monthly forecast process and ensure accurate and timely compensation reporting and forecasting
- Build dashboards or other reporting methods in order to highlight accomplishments or areas that need improvement
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and perform ad hoc analyses as required
- Work collaboratively across teams, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- 3-5 years total work experience in finance, sales operations, consulting, analysis, or strategy type roles
- Master of Excel with knowledge of advanced formulas and the ability to research unknown formulas/methods that are needed to solve various tasks
- Consulting and problem solving mindset
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new assignments and generate ad hoc reporting
- Genuine willingness and temperament to work for a high energy and rapidly growing start-up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable clear and concise communication to all levels of the organization
- Superb attention to detail and an ability to identify gaps in data/processes and communicate effectively through a customer service mindset
- Ability to identify and fix issues wherever they arise. Successful candidates are usually proactive, self-motivated, and analytical
- A basic understanding of accounting and financial concepts is also a plus
Systems We Use: Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce, NetSuite, Namely, Chart.io.
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
The DataRobot Business Team brings an algorithmic approach to everything that we do in the organization—from product development, go-to-market strategy (GTM), marketing, sales, and client engagement. We are a data science driven organization, tracking high quality historical data, inducing a metrics and monitoring process, analyzing wins and losses, and finally, collaborating with all other functions to develop a winning business strategy. If you are an analytical problem solver and love to work with people across teams, come talk to us.