DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, SAAS Company based in Boston, MA. The Staff Accountant will be heavily involved in the accounts payable, employee expense, and month end close accounting processes as part of a rapidly growing, highly collaborative, DataRobot finance team.
- Review employee expenses to ensure compliance with the Company’s expense policies.
- Process vendor invoices timely and accurately, ensuring the proper accounting and approval is obtained.
- Assist in the vendor set-up and vendor change processes and the administration of Company purchasing cards.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including journal entries, analytics, accruals, and reconciliations primarily related to cash, AP, and employee expenses.
- Prepare paylists with an added focus on effective cash management strategies.
- Prepare reports to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Work closely with the payroll team on payroll related matters, primarily associated with employee expenses.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes.Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to constantly think about we track data and improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Assist in the preparation of required filings including, but not limited to, abandoned property, sales and use tax, etc.
- Work closely with the auditors.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise.
- Effectively communicate with our employees and be viewed as a go to person in finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 1+ years in an accounting, accounts payable, and/or employee expense role.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.
- Experience in working with accounts payable, employee expense, and general ledger systems preferred.
- Strong excel skills.
The DataRobot Business Team brings an algorithmic approach to everything that we do in the organization—from product development, go-to-market strategy (GTM), marketing, sales, and client engagement. We are a data science driven organization, tracking high quality historical data, inducing a metrics and monitoring process, analyzing wins and losses, and finally, collaborating with all other functions to develop a winning business strategy. If you are an analytical problem solver and love to work with people across teams, come talk to us.