Do you enjoy generating buzz and excitement about new products and releases? Would you like to do that in one of the hottest markets in business today? If so, you may be the ideal Product Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing DataRobot team.
This career-defining opportunity focuses on communicating details about our unique value in the rapidly-emerging artificial intelligence and machine learning market. We’re looking for a self-motivated product marketing manager, with experience handling both internal and external business communication, to develop strategies and associated content that communicates the benefits and details of new product releases and capabilities.
You’ll create customer-facing content in various forms to generate awareness and demand for our market-leading automated machine learning platform, and encourage existing DataRobot users to try new features and expand the overall use and value they receive from the platform. You’ll interact with Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management regularly as you review anticipated features and develop the associated launch strategies and customer-facing content. You’ll also play a vital role in helping our sales team and customer-facing data scientists understand the details about new capabilities and prepare them to effectively sell the platform to prospects.
- Product positioning – determine target personas and develop messaging to succinctly describe the unique value of DataRobot, plus individual features.
- Sales productivity – enable the salesforce with crucial information that allows them to communicate and prove the value of DataRobot products and services.
- Market intelligence – be an expert on buyers, including how they buy, their buying criteria, etc., and communicate this information throughout the company.
- Product launch strategy – assess product roadmap and key initiatives to set launch and communications strategies for internal and external audiences.
- External communication – create materials, including emails, newsletters, and blogs, that inform customers about the availability of new product releases, and educate them on how to get the most value from them.
- Internal coordination – ensure cross-departmental communication about product roadmap and strategy, and ensure everyone has a common understanding of emerging requirements and new capabilities.
- Launch/Release enablement – coordinate the development of sales tools that help employees and partners understand why new features were developed, how they work, and what new opportunities have been uncovered as a result.
- 7+ years product marketing experience in a data science or analytics environment
- World-class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, with acute attention to detail
- Experience working with an enterprise customer base and sales force
- Great people networking skills – you probably knew pretty much everybody in your previous company!
- Ability to manage multiple medium-term programs at once
- Ability to engage and empathize with data scientists, business users and executives
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Active in social media
The DataRobot product team is tasked with understanding user problems and behaviors, defining the product roadmap and vision, and driving agile software development teams. Critical to customer success is understanding how AI, an undelivered promise until now, can be of value to mainstream business. DataRobot Product is directing our machine learning development into a direction that transforms business outcomes.