DataRobot is one of the hottest AI start-ups in the world and the Insurance industry has unlimited potential to take advantage of machine learning to transform their business, including the automation of machine learning for actuaries. DataRobot is defining a category called automated machine learning and has already raised more than $225M from the likes of NEA, Intel Ventures and New York Life to fuel its expansive ambitions.
We have actuarial staff located in USA and APAC, but there is a growing need in EMEA. DataRobot has a focus on customer experience and customer success, and actuaries are a key persona user of DataRobot.
This role would be the subject matter expert for insurance and actuaries both within EMEA and across the world. EMEA responsibilities include providing machine learning advice and training to our insurance customers, and evangelism at industry seminars. Assisting and providing into Insurance global go to market content and solutions. But this role also has worldwide responsibilities, managing the customer experience for our actuary customers, leading internal and external training on actuarial and insurance use cases. Experience in machine learning would be a plus, not a necessity, but the key skills you will bring to the role are industry knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and a sense of curiosity.
- Sales support for insurance vertical
- Teaching DS for Actuaries in EMEA
- Speaking at actuarial seminars in the EMEA regio
- Developing new tutorial materials for actuaries
- Subject matter expert for insurance use case advisory
- Responsibility for customer experience for the actuary persona
Skills and Qualifications
- FIA, FIAA, FCAS, FSA or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical actuarial skills
- Experience in insurance pricing
- Machine learning
- Insurance claims reserving
- Actuarial consulting experience
The DataRobot Business Team brings an algorithmic approach to everything that we do in the organization—from product development, go-to-market strategy (GTM), marketing, sales, and client engagement. We are a data science driven organization, tracking high quality historical data, inducing a metrics and monitoring process, analyzing wins and losses, and finally, collaborating with all other functions to develop a winning business strategy. If you are an analytical problem solver and love to work with people across teams, come talk to us.