Our Engineering Environments (EngEnv) squad is a small, focused subteam within our Engineering Productivity team whose mission is to provide efficient and effective Development Environments for DataRobot engineers in R&D.
Our core beliefs:
- Empower developers to be self-sufficient – Provide tools for developers to self-service their own needs. Provide the right information at the right time to help people solve their own issues.
- Wow our users with competent yet empathetic support – Be readily available to help when needed, especially when work is blocked. Be empathetic and listen to pain points others experience, and work to resolve them. Seek to prevent issues proactively.
- Delight our users with a wonderful developer experience – Deeply understand the development workflows and how people actually work to find smart ways to optimize. Tools and services should be simple and intuitive for new users yet flexible and powerful for advanced users.
- Automate the end-to-end workflow for building, testing, releasing and provisioning developer laptops and environments so that they are fast, reliable, and recyclable.
Specifically for this role, we are seeking an experienced software engineer who can build and support running the application natively on MacOS without any virtualization or containerization. This will involve cross-compiling system libraries and application dependencies for multiple operating system platforms (linux, mac) to run natively on the host operating system. You will extend existing automation for provisioning new laptops with MacOS, and enhance the command line tooling used by developers for running the application, managing system services and performing various development tasks.
- Experience with cross-platform compilation using toolchains like cmake, gcc and/or clang
- Linux and Mac OS X
- AWS EC2
DataRobot Engineering is a hard-working, fast moving, fun-loving team of developers who put product before pride. Our team is flexible and adaptable. We genuinely like each other and work hard to make sure that we all succeed, both for individual and company success, because we believe that one doesn’t happen without the other.