The DataRobot documentation team serves two masters–we play a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand. We are also the internal go-to resource for the latest information on the DataRobot application. In short, we create world-class documentation to increase prospect conversion, customer adoption, and self-paced education.
The ideal candidate has technical chops, demonstrably strong communication and writing skills, and can effectively interact with other writers, software developers, data scientists, product managers, and project leads. You must be equally comfortable arguing the Oxford comma (include, of course), UI consistency, and confusion matrices. We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable and are open to candidates with a background in software engineering, technical writing, or the world of teaching, curriculum development, or scientific publication.
- Produce high-quality documentation for web-based applications
- Publish weekly Release Notes for our Cloud-delivered software for delivery to a broad group of internal and external partners
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and knowledge base content
- Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and hands-on experimentation
- Contribute to doc standards, including participating in peer editing
- Update existing docs to reflect changes to functionality
- Edit existing developer-written content in preparation for publication
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption
- Laser focus on–and commitment to– deadlines
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple writing assignments simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years professional work experience in technical documentation
- Experience with source control systems and workflow tools–Git, JIRA/Confluence
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Experience with machine learning or data science preferable but not a strict requirement
- Experience with localization workflows
- Experience with Markdown and documentation workflows
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
DataRobot Engineering is a hard-working, fast moving, fun-loving team of developers who put product before pride. Our team is flexible and adaptable. We genuinely like each other and work hard to make sure that we all succeed, both for individual and company success, because we believe that one doesn’t happen without the other.