DataRobot is looking for a great DevOps Engineer to help us maintain and improve our highly reliable cloud based infrastructure. As part of our team you will be overseeing all infrastructure. Additionally, you will be critical to helping define our architecture as we move to the next generation of our services.
You will work with other team members to build and maintain highly available, high performance, and scalable systems. You will take part in maintaining and improving our deployment and scaling process. You will work with Development and DevOps teams on automation of infrastructure processes. You will work closely with the Developers to ensure efficiency on product releases. You will participate in creating and improving our security policies and procedures that will ensure the protection of customer and corporate data. You will work with other team members or independently to troubleshoot issues that arise with the application and escalate to software engineering when necessary. You are expected to assist other team members on system and infrastructure related issues when necessary. You will participate in on-call rotation.
- 3+ years with hands-on experience running a 24×7 production environments
- Solid experience with Linux administration, systems and application performance tuning
- Solid knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, SNMP
- Knowledge of Python Programming
- Expert knowledge in IT process automation such as backup and recovery, and deployment
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc; preferably with Ansible
- Experience with Pre-production release management, stage the production setup and test prior to moving any release to production
- Expert knowledge working with cloud computing; preferably AWS
- Experience with database configuration and administration; preferably with MongoDb and Redis and database replication
- Experience with capacity planning and benchmarking
- Experience working with high traffic sites
- Experienced with systems, network and application security, encryption
- Knowledge of agile development and continuous deployment
- Good writing and communication skills
- Previous startup experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent demonstrable experience
DataRobot Engineering is a hard-working, fast moving, fun-loving team of developers who put product before pride. Our team is flexible and adaptable. We genuinely like each other and work hard to make sure that we all succeed, both for individual and company success, because we believe that one doesn’t happen without the other.