Do you want to work on world-class AI-enabled Geospatial applications? The kind that could help identify where there is a higher risk of natural disaster, areas where dangerous accidents might occur, or predict where goods or services should be located to best serve customers? DataRobot is looking for people who are passionate about this space to build cutting-edge location-based technologies. Come and experience our strong engineer-first culture, and strengthen your skills working on challenging API, Systems and AI problems.
Few companies can say that they have the chance to revolutionize whole industries — at DataRobot, you can have that kind of impact. In Healthcare, Non-Profit, Finance, Insurance, Tech, Marketing, you name it. Our geospatial team in particular builds features that customers rely on every day to know where and when to divert key resources across the globe. You will help bring location-aware AI adoption to the next level, building smarter products and services.
- 5 years of Python experience working in a large distributed software system (not just web-dev), ideally designing entire workflows or with other kinds of architecture responsibilities
- Experience using Python tools for geospatial data, such as Shapely, GDAL or GeoPandas
- In the interview process you will be evaluated on your performance in a number of coding test and design test scenarios – be prepared to think!
- Live experience working with location-based data to solve real problems
- Prior projects working on mapping applications or routing applications which have been used in the field by customers
- Python2/3, Flask, Pytest, Requests, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Trafaret
- Geospatial technologies:
- Spatial DB / spatial Indexes in databases (e.g. PostGIS),
- Numpy, Scipy, Pandas
- GeoJSON, Shapely, Descartes, Rasterio, scikit-image, Experience using MapBox/Google/Apple Maps APIs
- MongoDB, TimescaleDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
DataRobot Engineering is a hard-working, fast moving, fun-loving team of developers who put product before pride. Our team is flexible and adaptable. We genuinely like each other and work hard to make sure that we all succeed, both for individual and company success, because we believe that one doesn’t happen without the other.