Self-Service Data Prep to Accelerate MicroStrategy Analytics
Data in a multi-cloud hybrid world
Traditional data analytics environments were built on the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) usually running in some relational database like Teradata, Microsoft, or Oracle. While those still exist, there are many more sources that analysts need to get access to in order to perform the kinds of analytics required.
- Big data/Hadoop: increasingly, the modern EDW is not limited to an RDBMS but is augmented by Hortonworks or Cloudera, containing data that did not fit into the EDW. Think of smart meter data for a utility company. Data Lakes which were once ‘science projects’ and ‘prototypes’ are fast becoming mainstream options for organizations. A Data Lake strategy is often a key initiative for a CDO and CIO to not only make the data more accessible to business SME’s, but also provide a lower cost alternative for the organization.
- Multi-cloud: Many organizations are opting to run their data workloads in the cloud, either using native cloud services like Azure HDInsight or AWS EMR. In addition, many organizations are running their Cloudera or Hortonworks workloads in Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environments as well.
- Ephemeral or Transient workloads: One other dynamic that is shaping the data landscape is the growing requirement of analytical teams needing to pull data together from a variety of sources and create an ephemeral sandbox for their project.
Moving Towards Agile Analytics
In addition to the explosion of data sources and locations, the way we do analytics has changed. Rather than predefining how questions will be answered with the data, we now live in a world where often we want all the data and rather let the data tell us what questions it could answer. And to achieve insights in an iterative, exploratory manner.
Self-Service Data Preparation Becomes the Enabler
The only way to empower the business actionable insights is to provide them with self-service data preparation. Data prep is the process of finding, ingesting, profiling, cleansing, enriching, shaping, and provisioning data from a diverse set of raw data sources. Empowering your business users and analysts to do this by themselves with full enterprise governance and collaboration with peers brings a new scale to decision making and innovation for your business. In addition, it frees valuable, scarce IT resources to focus on other mission critical endeavors.
Data Prep and MicroStrategy
Data Prep’s Adaptive Information Platform is the leading business user self-service data preparation solution in the market. What makes our solution unique is:
- Designed to cater for non-technical business users
- Visual, interactive data discovering, shaping, enriching with intelligent recommendations and guides to help you clean and shape your data
- Zero coding required
- Algorithmic intelligence and smart suggestions
- No sampling, uses Spark for enterprise data volumes
- Enterprise class governance and security
- Available on premises and the cloud
In the latest version of our platform we now offer out of the box one-click publishing of AnswerSets to be published as MicroStrategy Intelligent Cubes. Some of the unique benefits this brings to the MicroStrategy analysts:
- Ability of a BI developer/analyst to own the end-to-end cycle of accessing raw data, prepping the data, publishing the data and building their BI and/or mobile applications in MicroStrategy
- Easy access to modern data sources like Azure HDI, Hadoop, EMR, JSON files etc.
- Visual, interactive self-service data prep on the fly in a zero coding interface
- One-click publishing of AnswerSets that automates the publishing of data into MicroStrategy Dashboards or reports
- Easy automation and scheduling of data prep routines
Join us at MicroStrategy Symposium Chicago
If you are planning on attending the MicroStrategy Symposium in Chicago on May 21, please come listen to our session (Self-Service Data Prep at Scale from 2:45 – 3:30 pm PT) or visit our booth for a demo.
DataRobot is the leader in Value-Driven AI – a unique and collaborative approach to AI that combines our open AI platform, deep AI expertise and broad use-case implementation to improve how customers run, grow and optimize their business. The DataRobot AI Platform is the only complete AI lifecycle platform that interoperates with your existing investments in data, applications and business processes, and can be deployed on-prem or in any cloud environment. DataRobot and our partners have a decade of world-class AI expertise collaborating with AI teams (data scientists, business and IT), removing common blockers and developing best practices to successfully navigate projects that result in faster time to value, increased revenue and reduced costs. DataRobot customers include 40% of the Fortune 50, 8 of top 10 US banks, 7 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, 7 of the top 10 telcos, 5 of top 10 global manufacturers.
We will contact you shortly
We’re almost there! These are the next steps:
- Look out for an email from DataRobot with a subject line: Your Subscription Confirmation.
- Click the confirmation link to approve your consent.
- Done! You have now opted to receive communications about DataRobot’s products and services.
Didn’t receive the email? Please make sure to check your spam or junk folders.
Accelerate Your AI Journey with the DataRobot Partner EcosystemMarch 28, 2023· 3 min read
How MLOps Enables Machine Learning Production at ScaleMarch 23, 2023· 4 min read
A New Era of Value-Driven AIMarch 16, 2023· 2 min read
Through adopting MLOps practices and tools, organizations can drastically change how they approach the entire ML lifecycle and deliver tangible benefits. Read more.
Enterprises see the most success when AI projects involve cross-functional teams. For true impact, AI projects should involve data scientists, plus line of business owners and IT teams. Read more.
Learn how you can easily deploy and monitor a pre-trained foundation model using DataRobot MLOps capabilities. Streamline your large language model use cases now.