Improving Time Series Models in DataRobot
This post was originally part of the DataRobot Community. Visit now to browse discussions and ask questions about DataRobot, AI Cloud, data science, and more.
Time series forecasting is a critical component of any business when solving problems such as demand forecasting, staffing, inventory management, and more. In today’s world, leveraging automated machine learning for such use cases is paramount for maintaining a competitive edge. However, due to real-world complexities, additional strategies are often needed to achieve strong performance.
In this learning session, DataRobot’s Jess Lin and Taylor Larkin will discuss tips and tricks to improve time series models. Topics will include:
- Problem framing for optimal results
- Data preparation for increasing performance
- Adjusting DataRobot project settings
- Advanced time series blueprints
- Best practices for model evaluation
- Jess Lin (DataRobot, Data Scientist)
- Taylor Larkin (DataRobot, Data Scientist)
- Jack Jablonski (DataRobot, AI Success Manager)
After watching the learning session, you should check out these resources for more information.
- DataRobot Public Documentation — Automated Time Series Modeling
- DataRobot Pathfinder (Use Case Library) — see this query for Time Series use cases
- DataRobot Webinar — Using AI and Time Series Models to Improve Demand Forecasting
- Blog — AI Simplified: Time Series
We will contact you shortly
We’re almost there! These are the next steps:
- Look out for an email from DataRobot with a subject line: Your Subscription Confirmation.
- Click the confirmation link to approve your consent.
- Done! You have now opted to receive communications about DataRobot’s products and services.
Didn’t receive the email? Please make sure to check your spam or junk folders.
Accelerate Your AI Journey with the DataRobot Partner EcosystemMarch 28, 2023· 3 min read
How MLOps Enables Machine Learning Production at ScaleMarch 23, 2023· 4 min read
A New Era of Value-Driven AIMarch 16, 2023· 2 min read
The DataRobot Time Series product alleviates the obstacles that data scientists must overcome when building time series models, and automates a wide array of best practices in areas like feature engineering so users can achieve a whole new level of accuracy when it comes to solving time-dependent business problems. We’ve got a new AI Simplified video with DataRobot’s Chief Scientist,…
The DataRobot Automated Time Series product has traditionally been built on a supervised machine learning workflow, which allows users to forecast future events by specifying a target variable to train on. However, there are cases in which we would like to infer information from time series data without knowing the target. This may be in the form of detecting a…