How Automated Machine Learning is Revolutionizing the Insurance Industry
Insurance organizations around the world are heavily investing in AI. “Recent research by Genpact found that 87% of insurers are planning to invest more than $5 million in AI by 2020 – and more than half want to transform their existing business processes over the next three years because of AI.” (Technative) This race to embrace AI showcases the importance of remaining relevant and competitive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Insurers are using AI for:
- Marketing: To better identify conversion opportunities.
- Underwriting: To allow for more granular differentiation among risk.
- Pricing: To allow for more precise prediction of loss propensity.
- Loss control: To distinguish more precisely among causes of loss in regards to their impact on loss ratios.
- Claims: To implement cost-effective claims “triage.”
With multiple use cases and pain points to address and overcome, how can insurers successfully leverage AI? With automated machine learning. Automated machine learning is a game-changer for insurance companies because it empowers people throughout the organization from actuaries to product managers.
General Manager of Insurance, DataRobot
As an insurance industry executive and management consultant, Neal has served as an analytics thought leader and driver of innovation for the last 25 years. Recently, he was the VP of Predictive Analytics at Zurich North America, focusing on bringing the latest advances in predictive analytics to insurance product development.
We will contact you shortly
We’re almost there! These are the next steps:
- Look out for an email from DataRobot with a subject line: Your Subscription Confirmation.
- Click the confirmation link to approve your consent.
- Done! You have now opted to receive communications about DataRobot’s products and services.
Didn’t receive the email? Please make sure to check your spam or junk folders.
How the DataRobot AI Platform Is Delivering Value-Driven AIMarch 16, 2023· 4 min read
New DataRobot and Snowflake Integrations: Seamless Data Prep, Model Deployment, and MonitoringMarch 16, 2023· 5 min read
Discover insights on the specific conditions that make machine learning effective in certain financial applications, such as high-frequency trading. Read more.
In this article, we’ll first take a closer look at the concept of Real Estate Data Intelligence and the potential of AI to become a game changer in this niche.
In this blog post we’ll explore how Mindshare, a global media agency network, has leveraged data science tools to create a fast and reliable decision-making engine. Read more.